file # CCF-119b
Home Name : Ae Rin Won and Ae Rin Day Nursery
Project Number : 1735
INTRODUCTION OF AE RIN WON
May 1938: The orphanage was
founded by Chung Kyo Hahn, on the base of Christianity, in Choryang,
Sept. 1940: Under the Japanese pressure against Christianism and the
demand of a larger building by the increase of orphans in number, the
Home had to build a 40-pyong dormitory in Kupo to move out.
Dec. 1940: The Pusan City Hall brought 16 orphaned children
to the Home. The subsidy was put on the City Budget.
Dec. 1945: Returned to the old place, Tongdae-shin Dong,
March 1946: Established the third orphanage in Posudong, Pusan,
to house and feed the overflowing war-orphaned children. Obtained farming
land and an orchard in Daejo-myong, Kimhae-gun, Kyongsang Namdo.
Nov. 1947: Ae Rin Won Boy Scout was organized.
April 1950: Purchased 2,000-pyong farming land in Daejo-myon, Kimhae-gun,
with the fund donated by Mrs. McOwan from Australia.
Aug. 1950: After Korean War broke out, 33 boys volunteered for
service. They joined UN Forces and went to war.
May 1951: Affiliated with the Christian Children’s Fund, Inc.
Aug. 1952: Authorized by the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
as a social welfare institution.
Aug. 1952: Completed a new building of the Third Home in Bosu Dong,
and the completion ceremony was held.
Sept. 1953:Repaired and renovated the old building in the Third Home.
Aug. 1954: Completed with the material provided by AFAK a new dormitory
building in the Third Home.