file # CCF-127
Home Name: Bethel Won
Project Number: 1425
April 5, 1951 Rev.
Kim Man Che, the present Chairman of the board of directors, started
taking care of Ha Yong Hee aged 6 with the love of Christ. Then Ha
Yong Hee was founded on the bridge of Taejon by Re. Kim Man Che, and
later divided into Church work and Welfare work, and named Sin Kwang
Won Home, and located 78-7 Indong, Taejon, the present place, on the
home of 40 Pyong which was private property.
As Rev. Kim Man Che
wasn't able to look after the children at the Home because of the increase
of the families, Kim An Je the present superintendent, was inaugurated
as the superintendent, and named Bethel Won Home.
Until Kim An Je was
inaugurated as the superintendent, he had been working for welfare,
education and agriculture at Kyungchun-ri, Kyeryong-myon, Kongju-kun,
Choongnam-do. When the Korean War was broken, he went to Pusan along
with 20 of the children, and with the help of Department of Health and
Society he started preaching the God's words to refugees who took refuge
from north part of our country. He also supplied milk to about 3,000
people, and pitched a tent at Aju-ri.
The tent church was
the beginning of Aju Presbyterian Church. It has been about 20 years
since Kim An Je was inaugurated as the superintendent of the Home after
he came back to Taejon from Pusan along with the children he took Pusan
when the Korean War was broken.
At the Home there
are 97 children at the present time. But about 200 children have set
their feet into the society from the Home. Some of them, pastor, some
of them doctors, professor, welfare worker, judge, drivers, carpenters,
barbers, technicians and typists.
All of them are living as real good Christians
everywhere. It is very nice that 16 of them have been married and that
they enjoy their life so much in each home. We know it is entirely
due to the help of Christian Children's Fund, and all the sponsors.
So we are sincerely grateful to all the sponsors and C.C.F.
- Established April 15, 1950.
- The present superintendent was inaugurated April
- Was affiliated with C.C.F. April 1954.
- Was authorized officially as a foundation May
- Was permitted as an institution.