file # CCF-129
Home Name: Chung Eup
Ae Yook Won
Project Number: 1475
On February 15, 1946, the minister of
Chung Eup Cheil Church, Rev. Choi Sang Sup, Elder Chung Chong Sil and
Mr. Kim Yong Keun formed a committee together with Chief Song Soo Heum,
Chung Eup Police Chief at the time, and the C.O. of the 44th
Btn. Of the U. S. Army, Major M. J. Jand, and the chaplain, Rev. D.
A. Arban, set up an orphanage at the So Chun orchare in Sang Ri, Chung
On March 25, 1946 the Chung Eup Ae Yook
Won was registered and Elder Chung Chong Sil was installed as the first
On September 2, 1949, the orphanage was
moved to the former Pae Yung Middle School building, at 198-1 Siki Ri,
Chung Ju Eup.
On September 30, 1952, the orphanage
was moved to the present building at 180 Siki Ri, Chung Ju Eup.
On March 1, 1954, the orphanage became
a member of the Christian Children's Fund.
On December 12, 1956, a Juridical Body
was formed and Elder Chung Chong Sil was made the first chairman of
*more dates into the 1960's time period, please refer
to: CCF-129-16-NOV-01 (29).jpg
2. The Present Facilities of the Orphanage
Chung Eup Ae Yook Won is housed in Korean
style buildings in the center of Chung Ju Eup, with a Director, an Executive
Secretary, two to direct the activities, 7 children's nurses, looking
after 92 boys, 45 girls of who all but 11 are in schools in the vicinity:
67 Primary School, 33 in Middle School and 9 in High School and 17 in